Sunday, February 25, 2007

Alex and Molly Triptychs

For Caroline's birthday this year, I wanted to do something special involving the kids. She just got a promotion at work, including an upgrade to her very own office. With all that fresh wallspace, what's a guy with a camera to do? Right — start shooting. I decided to do a little photo essay of Alex and Molly. Some not-so-traditional portraits. So, I annoyed them for an entire weekend (more than usual) by following them around the house with my camera. I decided to attach my 50mm f/1.8 and do everything with that. I enjoy the discipline of using a single prime lens in that it forces me to conform to what the lens will allow (in my case, a 50mm turns into an 80mm with the 1.6 conversion factor for my Canon's sensor size). I also wanted very shallow DOF and the max aperture of 1.8 makes that very easy to accomplish. The three of Alex and the three of Molly were matted in a horizontal line in two separate frames. I was very pleased with the final product, and so was Caroline. Unfortunately, looking at them here, they lose a lot of the subtle tones and gradations. I still need to work on my processing so photos look decent on the web.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home